Looking for vegan grain free breakfast ideas that are high in nutrition? As a nutritionist, I bring you some of my most recommended recipes.
These plant based no grain breakfast options are not only filling and satisfying but also provide a balance of nutrients.
Savor the Goodness:18 Vegan Grain Free Breakfast Ideas
These plant based no grain breakfast options can be made easily and are nutrient dense:
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
This bowl not only caters to plant-based diets but also offers a burst of flavors and essential nutrients. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from a vibrant array of tropical fruits.
- Blend frozen tropical fruits such as pineapple, mango, and banana until smooth.
- Add a plant-based milk of your choice
- Pour into a bowl, then top it with a variety of fresh fruits like kiwi, berries, and coconut flakes.
- Sprinkle chia seeds or hemp hearts for an extra boost of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Garnish with a handful of nuts or seeds.
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Hash
This hash combines the sweetness of sweet potatoes with the protein-rich goodness of chickpeas. It also provides fiber and essential nutrients, making it a nourishing choice for those seeking a hearty and plant-centric morning meal.
- Cook diced sweet potatoes with olive oil until they’re golden and tender.
- Add cooked chickpeas, along with a mix of spices such as cumin, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Sauté until the chickpeas are slightly crispy and the sweet potatoes fully cooked.
- Top the hash with chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with avocado slices or a dollop of vegan yogurt.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
Indulge in a delightful breakfast with Coconut Flour Pancakes, a gluten-free and grain-free alternative that captures the essence of coconut while providing a fluffy and satisfying texture. These pancakes are not only a delicious morning treat but also cater to those seeking a gluten-free and grain-free option.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder, a pinch of salt, and a natural sweetener.
- Add wet ingredients – plant-based milk: almond or coconut milk, along with a couple of flax eggs.
- Let the batter to rest for some time.
- Cook the pancakes and serve with fresh berries or sliced bananas.
Vegan Grain Free Frittata
This plant-based twist on the classic dish that omits grains. Instead of the grains, you use chickpea flour which is high in protein and other nutrients.
- Whisk together a chickpea flour batter with water, nutritional yeast, and a pinch of turmeric.
- Sauté a mix of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and spinach in an oven-safe skillet until tender.
- Pour the chickpea flour batter over the vegetables.
- Cook on the stovetop until the edges set, then transfer the skillet to the oven until the top is golden brown.
Start your day with a nutritious and hearty porridge, a delightful alternative to traditional grain-based options. Flaxseed serves as the base for this porridge, offering a wholesome fiber-rich vegan breakfast.
- In a saucepan, combine ground flaxseed meal with almond or coconut milk.
- Also add in some almond or coconut flour.
- Add natural sweeteners like maple syrup or agave.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Enhance the flavor with a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla extract, or a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Baked & Stuffed Sweet Potato
Sweet potato is one of the best plant based ingredients to have when you are just starting out your vegan journey. It is incredibly useful and can be used in a variety of recipes including this one.
- Bake whole sweet potatoes until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Slice open and fluff the flesh with a fork to create a base for the stuffing.
- Fill it up with black beans, sautéed vegetables, or vegan cheese.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, avocado slices, or a drizzle of tahini.
Spiralized Veggie Noodles
This creative and low-carb twist on traditional pasta is all you need if you are on a grain free low calorie diet.
- Using a spiralizer, use vegetables, such as zucchini, carrots, or sweet potatoes, and spiralize them into noodle-like shapes.
- Sauté the spiralized vegetables with a small amount of olive oil until they are tender but still maintain a slight crunch.
- Season with garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes for added flavor.
- Add in a vegan protein like tofu, chickpeas, or edamame.
Cinnamon Almond Flour Waffles
I love waffles and keep trying different variations. This grain options combines the nutty richness of almond flour with a touch of cinnamon, creating a aromatic breakfast experience.
- Combine almond flour with baking powder, a pinch of salt, and a generous sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Whisk in wet ingredients -plant-based milk, flax eggs, and a touch of vanilla extract to create a thick and smooth batter.
- Prepare waffles and enjoy with toppings, such as fresh berries, maple syrup, or a dollop of dairy-free yogurt.
Broccoli & Tempeh Breakfast Bowl
This plant based breakfast option is not only grain free but is also protein-packed. It is also pretty easy to make and offers a satisfying and plant-based breakfast.
- Sauté tempeh cubes with a drizzle of olive oil until golden and slightly crispy.
- Add broccoli florets to the skillet and continue cooking until they are tender.
- Season with garlic powder, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Enjoy as such or add a base of cauliflower rice.
Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole
This unique grain free breakfast idea is not only delicious but also very light on the stomach. It has a subtle sweetness paired with savory flavours.
- Roast or microwave squash until it’s tender, then use a fork to scrape the strands from the squash.
- In a skillet, sauté vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and spinach until they’re softened and aromatic.
- Mix the cooked spaghetti squash strands with the sautéed vegetable and spread evenly in a baking dish.
- Separately, whisk salt, chickpea flour, pepper, and any desired herbs or spices.
- Pour over the spaghetti squash and vegetables in the baking dish.
- Add toppings such as diced tomatoes, vegan cheese, or fresh herb and bake till set.
Turmeric & Coconut Chia Pudding
The vibrant pudding is a delightful blend of wholesome chia seeds, golden turmeric, and creamy coconut. This vegan and gluten-free pudding offer a unique fusion of flavors and health benefits.
- Combine chia seeds with coconut milk
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder for its health benefits.
- Sweeten with natural sweeteners like maple syrup or agave.
- Mix well and refrigerator for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Before serving, add your favorite toppings, such as sliced mango, shredded coconut, or a sprinkle of crushed nuts.
Chickpea Flour Omelette
This delicious and nutrient rich omelette is, a vegan and grain-free alternative to traditional omelettes. This wholesome dish is made using chickpea flour, also known as besan or gram flour, offering a satisfying meal.
- Whisk together chickpea flour with water, creating a smooth batter.
- Add a pinch of black salt, turmeric, and a dash of nutritional yeast.
- Cook on a skillet by spreading it evenly to form a thin omelette
- You can also add in fillings such as sautéed vegetables, vegan cheese, or herbs.
- Fold the omelette in half and serve.
Vegan Grain Free Breakfast Muffins
These muffins are delicious and nutritious way to start your day without compromising on dietary preferences. They are pretty good make ahead options for nutritious breakfast or snack.
- Combine almond flour or coconut flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Mix in mashed ripe bananas or applesauce as a natural sweetener and egg substitute.
- Incorporate plant-based milk, such as almond or coconut milk, for moisture, and a touch of vanilla extract.
- Fold in mix-ins like berries, chopped nuts, or dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Bake in muffin cups
Coconut Yogurt Parfait
This recipe is a delightful combination of creamy coconut yogurt and layers of vibrant fruits and crunchy toppings. It is also one of the easiest and quickest vegan breakfast option you can make.
- Layer the coconut yogurt with a mix of fresh fruits such as berries, sliced kiwi, and pineapple.
- Sprinkle each layer with grain-free granola or a mix of nuts and seeds to add crunch and texture.
- Repeat the layering process until you reach the top of your serving bowl.
Sweet Potato Hash
This wholesome and hearty dish makes for a delicious breakfast or brunch option. The sweetness of sweet potatoes is complemented by savory spices and a mix of vegetables, creating a nutritious meal.
- Sauté diced sweet potato with olive oil until they’re golden and tender.
- Add a mix of bell peppers, onions, and garlic to the skillet.
- You can also add chickpea, tofu or tempeh for protein.
- Season with your favorite spices – paprika, cumin, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
Choco Tofu Banana Smoothie
A vegan delight, this smoothie combines the creaminess of tofu with the sweetness of ripe bananas. This smoothie offers a luscious chocolate twist, creating a satisfying and nutritious treat.
- Blend silken tofu with ripe bananas, cocoa powder, and a plant-based milk
- Add a touch of sweetness with date paste, maple syrup or agave.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Vegan Walnut Banana Bread
This moist and flavorful bread not only celebrates the natural sweetness of ripe bananas but also incorporates the rich crunch of walnuts. It offers a satisfying treat suitable for those on a grain free vegan diet.
- Mash ripe bananas and mix with flax eggs, dairy-free milk, and a touch of vanilla extract.
- Combine with dry ingredients- coconut or almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to form a thick batter.
- Add in chopped walnuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan until the bread is golden brown.
Tofu & Lettuce Wraps
These light wraps are packed with protein rich tofu and nutrient dense vegetables. Tofu absorbs the savory flavors of the accompanying ingredients, creating a delectable filling that pairs perfectly with the crunch of lettuce leaves.
- Sauté crumbled tofu with chopped vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots) in a stir fry sauce.
- Add minced garlic, ginger, and soy sauce for an extra burst of umami.
- Spoon the mixture onto large lettuce leaves, creating individual wraps.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
I hope you liked my vegan grain free breakfast ideas. Do let me know in the comment section which one you liked the best.